100 Years of Worship 1913 - 2013
In April 1913, the then Synod of Glasgow of the United Free Church of Scotland elected Wallneuk into a charge, thus was created the last United Free Church in the town of Paisley.
The congregation dates from 1913 although the roots are much older. Before 1913 there were local men and women in the immediate area who met regularly for prayer and meditation on the Word of God.
The name Wallneuk is woven into local history as according to tradition the land on which the church is built was the neuk (corner) of the garden of Abbot of Paisley.
The halls were completed and opened in May 1912 while the main church building was completed during the First World War being opened in the autumn of 1915.
Saturday June 22nd - Outing to Balmaha + BBQ (Tickets) Changed to Ayr
July and August- Doors Open Tue & Thu 2-4pm all welcome
Doors will be open for any members or visitors who would like time to look at the display and photo albums, etc. in a relaxed space.
Saturday, July 6 and Saturday, August 3rd from10am till noon
September - Doors Open Day for display of wedding or baptismal memorabilia*
Oct - Mod Event
Sunday 15th December 2013 Christmas Lunch at Gabriels Gauze Street Paisley
February - Talents Night Fun Event 21st February 2014 7pm
Our final event to celebrate our Centenary year will be a service on Sunday 30th March. This coincides with Mother’s day and the cradle roll service.We hope as many people will attend this worship to round off our Centenary celebrations.
Sunday March 30th - Songs of Praise celebration to end centenary year